News & Commentary from a Santa Ana Gun Crime Defense Lawyer
A young woman was shot in the back of the head on Thursday, December 1, in Santa Ana near Grand and Chesnut Avenues. Police were unable to pinpoint a motive and are investigating to see if the shooting was gang related. Police Sargent, Jeff Smith, stated that the officers responding to the call found a young lady lying on the ground at approximately 6:50pm. The victim was described as being in her late teens and was rushed to the Western Medical Center where she is being treated for gun shot wounds.
Tips on how to defend yourself:
It’s vital to be alert and cautious when someone brandishes a gun or knife. Here are five tips on how to protect yourself if you are being attacked.
- Walk away and call the police. If someone is harassing you in a social situation, walk away and call the police right away. Avoid reacting to verbal insults that may lead to physical confrontation or harm. Physical retaliation should be your last line of defense.
- Take note of the would-be attacker: Look at their hands to see if they have a weapon or concealing something at their side. What’s the color of their hair? How tall are they? Is he or she thin or stocky? Any tattoos or markings on their body? Color of shirt and pants?
- Protect yourself. If an attacker tries to grab or punch you from the front, put your arms over your forehead and do not cover your face. The attacker may think this is a weak defensive position, however, it may help bring the guard down of an attacker.
- Keep a distance and flee if possible. If a person has a knife, do your best to keep distant from them so they cannot stab you. If you have an opportunity to escape safely, go for it. If you try to escape and they have a gun, run in side to side motion and not in a straight line. This will make it hard on the assailant to hit you.
- Consider taking a course in self-defense. Learning self defense tactics will enhance your ability to defend yourself in situations that may be dangerous.
If you have been charged for a gun crime, get immediate help by contacting a criminal defense lawyer that has a proven track record and is trustworthy. Mr. David Gonzalez is a Christian defense attorney in Orange County with 15 years of experience who fights hard and aggressive to defend the legal rights of every client he represent. Read his testimonies and you will see why clients make him their choice for their defense.