Toll Free 877.345.2997

The Gonzalez Law Firm is committed to providing quality and excellent legal service for it's clientele. Meticulous preparation of every case is a goal of the law firm resulting in positive results for our clients in their legal matters.

"I never give up on a client's case. You get personal attention from start to finish" - David Gonzalez




A person that wants to file for divorce in the State of California must file a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage with their local court that supervises divorce cases. The Petition for Dissolution of Marriage is a judicial council form. The form number is FL-100 and it is called the Petition-Marriage. The form has been approved by the Judicial Council for the State of California so it is a form that is required by all court located in California. The Petition is broken down into several categories and requests certain information such as where the person who is filing for divorce has lived in the last six months, statistical information concerning the marriage, the names, date of birth, and sex of any children that resulted from the marriage, property and/or debt information concerning separate property and community property, the reason a person is requesting a divorce, and requests that a person is seeking from the court. These requests involve the issues of custody, visitation, spousal support, property rights, and name change. The Petition does not allow a person to request child support, as that issue is an issue that a family law court always maintains jurisdiction or power over, and the family court will  make an order for child support as long as the court has financial information from both persons in which to make such an order.


The items listed in the Petition are very important, and must be answered carefully. If a person fails to mark or indicate certain information in the Petition (for example, a person forgot to mark that she wants to seek spousal support), a court may decide not to make any order concerning that issue because of the person’s failure to ask for it in the Petition. The person filing for divorce may then need to file an amended petition in order to get that a missing issue before the court.

The Petition is usually filed along with the Summons-Family Law, Form number FL-110, when a person opens a divorce case. Many courts in California will not accept the Petition if it is not properly filed with the Petition.

 If you are thinking of filing for divorce, it is best to seek an experienced family law attorney such as the Gonzalez Law Firm. Attorney David Gonzalez can properly protect your legal rights during a divorce proceeding or case. Contact him at 714-992-5217. His firm provides legal services at competitive and reasonable legal fees. His firm represents many clients whose cases are before all courts in all Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Los Angeles counties in the State of California.

When you are charged with a crime, you face a lot of pressure. You may lose your liberty, your job, a license, and your reputation. You may even be wrongfully accused. You need an attorney who will personally handle your case from start to finish, who will get the best solution for your case, and fight for you even in trial if necessary. I will fight for your liberty; fight for you. I guarantee that.

This website is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to create, or does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship. No one should act upon information in this website without seeking professional counsel from a criminal defense attorney. The hiring of a criminal defense lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon on a website or advertisements. Please be aware that if you communicate with us by e-mail in connection with a legal matter for which we do not already represent you, your communication may not be treated as privileged or confidential. This site may also contain links to other resources on the Internet that may be of interest, and are not intended to state or imply that our firm sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links. Please contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your specific case and our qualifications. Reproduction, distribution, or retransmission of material contained within this website is prohibited unless the prior written permission of Gonzalez Law Firm has been obtained.